Preschool and Toddler Program (2-6 yrs of age)
Enrolling now. Contact us.
Our Preschool Program (including a Toddler component) is designed for children 2-6 years of age. The children are divided into 2 groups for much of the day for focused activities, snack and lunch time and they also interact together during outdoor time and naptime.
Toddlers (ages 2-3) Dragonfly Class
There is a monthly curriculum based on age appropriate activities that provide cognitive and emotional stimulation and social interaction. The classroom offers hands on materials for the children to work with and explore as well. The materials in the classroom frequently get rotated and the environment is also is constantly designed to make it effective for learning activities and to keep the children interested. Group time activities include learning about the days and months of the calendar, weather, good habits, Stretch-N-Grow (fitness and healthy habits) singing, games, reading aloud, introduction of new concepts, crafts and special presentations to name a few.
Older Preschool (ages 3-6) Butterfly Class
There are age appropriate activities incorporated into kindergarten readiness. Here are some of the readiness skills we believe are important.
- Recognizing similarities and differences.
- Recognizing quantity of numbers 1-100 and identifying numeric symbols.
- Learning how to use words to express feelings, and ask for help when needed.
- Beginning writing and letter recognition.
- Cooking and measurement.
- Following a sequence of directions.
- Enhance skills for autonomy through practical life (i.e. serving own water/snack, cleaning and care of the environment)
- Exploration of the five senses.
Hours of Operation: Preschool Program: M-F 7:30 to 5:30. Schedule options:
- Extended Days: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Full Days: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Half Days: 8:30 am to 12:30 pm or 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Steps to Learning Preschool has large classrooms and a large playground, flexible schedules and many activities available for the preschoolers.
Butterfly Class Daily Schedule
7:30 - Arrival/Health check/Indoor and Outdoor exploration
8:45 - Clean up time/Bathroom and water break
9:00 - Outside play and exploration
9:15 - Wash hands/bathroom and water break
9:30 - Circle gathering, Montessori presentations, songs, circle games, curricular activities, individual Montessori lessons
***Snack is self serve in the classroom between 9:30-10:30
11:20 Clean up time/Group gathering
11:35 - Wash hands/Lunch
12:15 - Prepare for rest time
12:30 - Rest time (quiet music and story tapes are played)
1:45 - Montessori lessons and curricular activities in Butterfly Class
***For children who are not napping or wake up early
2:30 - Wake-up/Bathroom and water break
2:45 - Afternoon snack in Butterfly Class
3:00 - Outdoor play and exploration
3:30 - Multipurpose room activities/Art, Calendar/Group and individual play time
4:30 - 5:30 - Outdoor play and exploration or Multipurpose room activities/Parent pick-up
* Subject to change due to Rainy Days/Stretch N’ Grow/Ballet Class and the needs of the children.