"The first essential for the child’s development is concentration. The child who concentrates is immensely happy." - Maria Montessori
An interesting piece of work, freely chosen, has the virtue of inducing concentration rather than fatigue. Our environment is rich in motives which lead to interesting activities and invite the child to conduct his own experiences. Our mission is to build self-confidence in an environment that stimulates fun and discovery through learning.
We follow a balanced curriculum by providing academics and creative subjects such as arts and crafts, music and dancing.
A child's success in life begins with a good self-image. For the child, self-esteem is nurtured through positive interactions with peers, adults and the environment in which they are a part of. We believe that learning begins at birth and continues with everything a child does.
We believe in giving children freedom within a structure, with the following goals:
- The development of problem-solving skills
- Exposure to concepts in Math, Language, Arts, Practical life skills, Science, Sensory, Nature, Self Expression, Books and Writing.
- Promote one's individual strengths and talents.
- To develop self-confidence, independence, autonomy and competency.
- To develop skills for positive social interaction with peers and adults.
- To develop awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity.
Steps to Learning Preschool provides early childhood education and childcare for ages 3 months - 6 years (including after-school daycare).
School Hours: 7:30-5:30 (Mon-Fri). Contact us for a tour:
6901 Phelps Rd.
Goleta, CA 93117
We use Montessori materials to refine the 5 senses and teach Language, Mathematics, Science, Geography, and improve fine motor skills.
Practice life exercises are also incorporated into daily activities (cleaning up after activities, cooking, pouring, gardening, sweeping and beading etc).
We have highly qualified staff trained in the careful observation of children. Through observation, the staff is able to create an environment that best suits the needs and interests of the child.